Search This Blog

Monday, October 27, 2014

GOP "Christian" Zealots vs. the Bible

Have you noticed how loudly and conspicuously right-wing, "Christian" conservatives proclaim their love of God and country on the one hand while on the other they franticly and covertly work to suppress the vote, perpetuate inequality, and spread hatred of the dreaded "other" wherever and whenever they control the political agenda?

Their hypocrisy is not new. It was called out two thousand years ago in the very book they say guides their lives, the same book whose teachings they conveniently ignore whenever they conflict with their love of money and power.
Matthew 25.
41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fireprepared for the devil and his angels.42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.
Besides voting over fifty times to repeal the Affordable Care Act, the GOP has scuttled attempts to pass bills dealing with
(a partial list in no particular order)
  • equal pay for equal work
  • veterans benefits
  • Sandy relief
  • infrastructure
  • a minimum wage hike
  • global warming
  • immigration
  • job creation
  • marriage equality
  • gun control
One wonders how these self-proclaimed "Christians" can look themselves in the mirror as they get ready for church on Sunday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment